Multi-volume diskette support.

Ron Srodawa srodawa at vela.acs.oakland.edu
Wed Jan 16 04:44:16 AEST 1991

Yesterday I put out a call for information on programs which can handle
Xenix multi-volume tar formats.  Well, I found one which claims to do
so, although I haven't tried it yet.  Pax will read and write IEEE
compliant tar, cpio, and pax archives.  It will write multi-volume
archives, including the "binary diskette" format used by micro
unix systems on floppy diskettes.  There is an MSDOS version available.
In case it isn't compatible with the vendor tar or cpio, pax itself will
port to many unix systems, including Xenix.  Ron.
--
| Ronald J. Srodawa               | Internet: srodawa at unix.secs.oakland.edu |
| School of Engineering and CS    | UUCP:     srodawa at egrunix.UUCP          |