Running 286 Xenix on a 386

Ronald S H Khoo ronald at robobar.co.uk
Mon Jun 24 02:32:37 AEST 1991

curt at cynic.wimsey.bc.ca (Curt Sampson) writes:

> Has anybody else out there run a 286 Xenix on a 386?  Are there any
> differences between the 286 and the 386 (and their associated support
> circuitry) that should cause problems?  Dare I try this?

ibmpcug.co.uk ran SCO Xenix 286 2.2.1 on a Comapq Deskpro 386/16 for
quite a long time.  I ran news on it (SCO's binaries, including their
port of compress, which you can still get binaries of from SCO)
so no hassles.

There should be no problems running 286 Xenix on a 386.  I certainly
had no problems at all.  But the 386 software is so much better, I upgraded
as soon as I could :-)
--
Ronald Khoo <ronald at robobar.co.uk> +44 81 991 1142 (O) +44 71 229 7741 (H)