boot : dos ? (I wish!)

Super STUD root at sporty.UUCP
Fri Jun 14 11:16:00 AEST 1991

In article <438 at alchemy.UUCP> victor at alchemy.UUCP (Victor Michael) writes:
> Can someone tell me if I my DOS partition is not labeled correctly for
> booting into that partition at 'boot :' prompt or is this a quirk of
> DOS 4.0????
>
> I have heard that DOS 4.0 partitions are not recognized as such with Xenix

I had the same problem with DOS.  I suspect that your DOS partition is
larger than 32 meg.  Divvy up the DOS partition into at least 2 partitions
with the primary partition being less than 32 meg.  You will me able to
boot dos and use the doscp (et. al.) utilities.  Xenix will not recognize
the extended partition, however, so don't put anything there that you
would want to doscp into the Xenix partition.

Jeff Anderson                                        jeff at sporty.UUCP
H: 614-252-7563                                sporty!jeff at ursa-major.spdcc.com
W: 614-764-6222     B7 f+ t w dc g+ k+ s- e r        jaa at rsch.oclc.org