Problems with UUCP, UUX

Stuart Tares stuart at tharr.UUCP
Mon Jun 24 19:41:55 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun23.180039.25299 at mnemosyne.cs.du.edu> rchattam at nyx.cs.du.edu (King) writes:
>My files are queued in /usr/spool/uucp directory, but
>/usr/spool/uucp/.Admins/errors contains the following msg
>
>ASSERT ERROR (uucico) PID:..PERMISSIONS file:BAD OPTION--
>  nuucp COMMANDS(13) [FILE: permission.C, LINE 470]
>ASSERT ERROR (uuxqt) .... [FILE: permission.c, LINE:470]

I think that this maybe because of the way that the Permissions file is set
out.  It is very particular in the way that it is setup.  There must be a space
between the options ie if you have a Permissions file like this :

MACHINE=foo:bar LOGNAME=uucp\
READ=/ WRITE=/\
NOREAD=/usr/secret

you may see the problem as the carriage return means that there is no space
between uucp and READ.  I have found that a layout similar to below always
works:

MACHINE=foo:bar LOGNAME=uucp \
	READ=/ WRITE=/ \
	NOWRITE=/usr/secret

I hope this helps.

Stuart

--
 BOVIS CONSTRUCTION LTD        |  Tel:  +44 81 4223488 Fax: +44 81 4224055
 142 Northolt Road,            |  UUCP: ...mcsun!ukc!axion!tharr!stuart
 South Harrow, HA2 0EE         |  MAIL: stuart at tharr.uucp
<-- tharr *free* public access to Usenet in the UK 0234 841503 -->