Running 286 Xenix on a 386

Albert Langer cmf851 at anu.oz.au
Tue Jun 25 02:16:20 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun23.063114.26890 at cynic.wimsey.bc.ca> curt at cynic.wimsey.bc.ca
(Curt Sampson) writes:

>I talked to a friend who ran 286 Xenix on a 386 motherboard and he
>said that he had a problem with compress that would cause the system
>to crash, and had to upgrade to 386 Xenix right away.  I don't have
>the money to do this at the moment, and I'd rather not spend the money
>at all if I can avoid it.

Talk to your friend again, emphasizing your money problems and holding
a carton of blank, formatted diskettes in your hand. Perhaps he will
offer to buy them from you for enough for you to be able to afford a
new Xenix 386 licence when you have already got Xenix 286. Or perhaps
the two of you may be able to think of some other solution.

>"I suspect the principle difference between us is that I spend a lot of time
>walking around the tree trying to find the best way to shake it while you are
>more concerned with whether an axe or a chainsaw is more appropriate for cutting
>the tree down"           --Stephen Smoliar, to Eliot Handelman

Also read your own signature and think about the many different possible
approaches to solving a problem :-)

--
Opinions disclaimed (Authoritative answer from opinion server)
Header reply address wrong. Use cmf851 at csc2.anu.edu.au