Xenix-Digiboard Problems

Bill Blue bblue at crash.cts.com
Sun Jun 2 10:02:41 AEST 1991

In <1991Jun1.015603.6996 at crash.cts.com> jca at pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) writes:
}>I have 3 machines running on DTK boards (2 20MHZ 1 25MHZ) and they run XENIX
}>just fine.  You do need to get the slow boot mod but everything else works fine
}>(including VPIX what little we use it)

}Doesn't matter what your experience is.  Novell has acknowledged the problem
}and you had to apply a modification to get Xenix to run.  Supposedly Novell
}Netware runs just as well with the patch, but the problem is that it has to be
}patched just for a DTK motherboard.  What other problems will one encounter?
}Will certain cards not work with it because of it being a bit off from the ISA
}spec?

Yes, it does matter what his experience is.  It might be different
from yours, but it is every bit as significant.  I ran crash on a DTK
25mhz board for over a year with nary a problem like you describe, and
no patches or mods necessary for it to work.  There may be certain DTK
products that have incompatibilities, but you certainly can't make a
blanket assertion that they all do.  Well, you can, but not everybody
is going to take it seriously.

--Bill

and p.s. Xenix != Novell