Modem dialer

Victor Michael victor at alchemy.UUCP
Wed Jun 19 13:57:18 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun17.220607.184 at pacdata.uucp> dlane at pacdata.uucp (Don Lane Pacific Data) writes:
>I have a 386-33 Mhz clone machine running SCOXenix 2.3 and development 2.2
>and am looking for a dialer program for the Practical Peripherials modem
>model 2400SA.

I'm using the dialHA24 dialer with the same modem with no problem what-so-ever.
Perhaps there is a different problem? (see below)

                          vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
>Another problem which ** may be related ** is that when accessing the news feed
>I get a core dump in the /usr/spool/uucp directory and the LCK.S.0 remains
>resulting in that when a user tries to access the system via modem they
>get as far as the login prompt, and then ** garbage ** is transmitted to them.
>Don Lane	pacdata!dlane                    ^^^^^^^

I had the same problem which cleared up when I reversed the roles of the ttys,
for example tty2a = enabled, tty2A = disabled. Some systems I've worked
on are opposite this.  Someone please inform me if I have missed somthing
here, but it works for me.

Vic Michael