Xenix and VGA (50 lines)?

Wu Liu wul at sco.COM
Thu Jun 6 03:55:11 AEST 1991

/--jsteele at netcom.COM (John Steele) said...
| I am currently using vidi to set my VGA console to 43 line mode.  I am
| wondering if 50 line mode is somehow available, and also why only 3
| console partitions out of 12 will allow 43 lines.  If anyone has an
| answer, I would be grateful if you could either respond in this newsgroup
| as others may have come across the same, or if not, reply email.
\--

The VGA 50-line mode is probably not available.  You should check
/usr/include/sys/vidi.h; the supported video modes are listed in
there.

If you want to use 43-line mode on all of your multiscreens, you'll
need to increase the amount of memory reserved for the console.  I
don't know what the resource name is under Xenix; it's SCRNMEM under
Unix.