Trouble to install Tape Backup System

David Jarvis dljarvis at lynx.cat.syr.edu
Fri Jun 28 23:03:44 AEST 1991

Greetings ... I also use Colorado 120meg Jumbo Tape Drives with Xenix ...
the installation procedure is as follows:

1: use custom to install the 'jtape' drivers, which should come with
   the tape drive ... if they didn't, you can get a copy from Colorado
   Memory Systems free of charge ... (if you need the number email me
   directly and I'll find it for you, it's in the database *somewhere* ;-) )
2: do a 'mkdev jtape' to install the driver into the kernel and relink ...
   (note JTAPE not TAPE)
   also note it is normal for the message "removing jtape driver" to
   appear before the line "adding jtape driver" ... dunno why ... but that's
   what the manual says ...

Regards,
/David
dljarvis at cat.syr.edu