Keyboard SCAN MODE

ACPS2924 at Ryerson.Ca ACPS2924 at Ryerson.Ca
Wed Jun 19 01:23:11 AEST 1991

I'm using sco unix/386 and i'm trying to put the keyboard into something called
 raw mode. so i can read the keys in the dos fashion;

   key = getc();
   if (key == 0)  // extended key
   {
       key = getc();
       key = decode_key(0,key);
   } else
       key = decode_key(key,0);

 Im trying to read the decode the keyboard , reading all the Fxx ALTxx CTRLxx
and PGUP .... keys correctly.  THe code SCO sent me which was not in the docs
causes the entire system to crash.
Any code fragments or advice would be helpfull....

Peter

acps2924 at ryerson.ca ! Who is the  ! If plumbers designed toilets like
                    ! user,pray,  ! software professionals design tools,
                    ! and who is  ! we'd be up to our knees in crap.
                    ! the used ?  !                 - Charles A. Rovira