Better DOS programs, anyone? (so I can scrap doscp)

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX caf at omen.UUCP
Thu Jun 6 10:35:10 AEST 1991

In article <699 at genco.bungi.com> dls at genco.bungi.com (Dave L. Smith) writes:
-I can't take it any more.  On SCO Xenix 2.3.3, my doscp takes SO
-long to copy files!  Sometimes it runs out of memory!  Is there an

The doscp program is a bit quadratic.  It does seem that Unix
programs tend to be a bit quadratic dealing with floppies unless
they can be made to use a track at a time.

Now that the 286 is Dead, perhaps someone can hack soem doscp
program that buffers a track in memory, or perhaps caches the
entire floppy.

Since I have Merge and Vp/ix I don't need to do the hacking myself.