Dell tape drive with Xenix?

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Mon May 6 21:46:37 AEST 1991

  Has anyone been able to use the Dell 150MB tape drive (Wangtek) with
Xenix, and if so what's the secret? I configured the type as W, i/o
ports, interrupt and DMA, but the device is still not found. Is this OEM
drive hacked to the point where it won't work with standard drivers, or
is there some subtle trick needed to get it working?

  I've tried the i/o address under a debugger and I have the correct
address, and am using the same int 5 DMA 1 I use for both Archive and
Wangtek on my home systems.
--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
        "Most of the VAX instructions are in microcode,