ANSI Terminal Emulation with SCO Xsight xterm

Wu Liu wul at sco.COM
Thu May 9 07:33:36 AEST 1991

/--root at nat-3.UUCP (nat-3 System Administrator) said...
| Hello --
|
| 	I am running SCO XENIX-386 2.3.2 at work with Xsight 2.2.0 and
| I'm trying to get the ANSI terminal emulation working properly in an
| xterm window.  The problem is that I am not getting ANSI escape
| sequences from my function and cursor keys.  I've got some applications
| that expect ANSI sequences and this is annoying.  If I bring up an
| xterm window, $TERM == ansi, $TERMCAP == what-you-would-expect-from-ANSI,
| but hitting a function or cursor key generates a non-ASCII escape
| sequence.
|
| 	Well, tell me to RTFM, but I can't find out what to do from
| the documentation.  Help, please ...
\--

Well, xterm emulates a vt100, not an ANSI terminal, so the function
and arrow keys should send out whatever escape sequences those map
to on a vt100.

Maybe you ought to consider obtaining the SCOterm EFS.  SCOterm is
essentially a modified xterm that supports SCO console capabilities,
including ANSI emulation and colors, in a text window.