HELP! - SCO not booting - workaround for proprietary version

Nathan D. Lane nlane at well.sf.ca.us
Fri May 10 15:44:52 AEST 1991

I used to have a Wyse pc386 running Wyse's own version of SCO (SCO
generic manuals, a couple pages about Wyse's version) - I sold the Wyse
pc (it was a 16 MHz 386) and moved up to a 386-33.  I did NOT sell the
Xenix 386 v 2.3.2...now I get:
kernel panic: *** Wyse SCO/Xenix will not run on non-Wyse machines ***
Great!  Now what?  I have another Unix box that can mount Xenix disks -
any ideas on how to modify my boot disk (copy, of course) to eliminate
these proprietary craziness?
If not, I guess Xenix goes out the window and hello to ISC or Esix.
(Wyse was no help - "What is the serial number of the Wyse machine you
are running Xenix on...")

-Nathan Lane
nlane at well.sf.ca.us