RCS5.5 on SCO Xenix 386??

Ronald S H Khoo ronald at robobar.co.uk
Wed May 1 00:43:09 AEST 1991

kreed at telesys.cts.com (Kevin W. Reed) writes:

> Has anyone successfully gotten RCS 5.5 to compile on SCO Xenix 386.

I just did, after reading your posting.  I haven't used it yet, but
make installtest seems happy enough.

> Any pointers (or perhaps a config file for SCO Xenix)

I used the conf.h which the script made for me, as per the instructions.
Don't forget to install GNU DIFF 1.15 first.

> I seem to be having a ton of problems with the header
> files and the config not liking each other very much :-)

Yeah.  SCO's headers are not conforming.  Quick fix:  find the bits in
rcsbase.h labeled <stdio.h> and just comment them out.

I compiled mine with GCC.  Having GCC makes compiling programs off the
net, etc much easier, so you might as well get it.  It'll save you a lot
of hassle fighting with SCO's compiler.  Binaries + patches relative
to 1.37.1 are available from

unix.secs.oakland.edu:/pub/xenix/gcc/*

and probably for anonymous UUCP from anomaly.sbs.com.

unix.secs.oakland.edu:
--
Ronald Khoo <ronald at robobar.co.uk> +44 81 991 1142 (O) +44 71 229 7741 (H)