make users

Bill Walker CS Dept. Chairman bw at uecok.ecok.edu
Mon May 13 12:13:55 AEST 1991

In article <11909 at scolex.sco.COM> wul at sco.COM (Wu Liu) writes:

>/--hin at tnoibbc.UUCP (Hin Oey) said...
>| Recently I migrated form Xenix to SCO/UNIX 3.2 version 2.
>| One of the main reasons was the C2 security option.
>|
>| However, I have a coming problem of registring many _over
>| 100- users. You can do this with sysadmsh but I want a
>| secretary to this. For them sysadmsh might be to
>| complicated, apart foprm al the other things they could do.
>|

>Try reading the man page for the command addxusers(ADM).  If you're
>looking for it in the on-line man pages, use the command 'man addx'.
>It describes a tool that's used to migrate multiple users over to an
>SCO Unix 3.2v2 or later system.

	We have an SCO-UNIX based system (an Altos 5000) that
	does not include the "addx" tool.  We had to "invent" a
	series of shell scripts that both add and delete masses of
	users from our system.  We were able to do so, with some
	very helpful advice from SCO.

	I will be glad to shar them up and mail them if anyone wants
	them.  They seem to solve the problem of periodically adding
	and deleting masses of users for our university environment.

	BW

	bw at cs.ecok.edu