Weitek in SCO UNIX, how?

Anssi Lensu lensu at lut.fi
Fri May 3 19:33:31 AEST 1991

Hello everybody,

Could someone who has been using Weitek coprocessors with SCO UNIX help me
in configuring the processor. What do I need to do to use it in UNIX?
Can it be used with normal UNIX programs or do I need a special compiler
which can make Weitek specific code? Or is there some switch in cc to
make it generate Weitek floating point code?

I only changed the second parameter in /etc/conf/sdevice.d/weitek file's
only line from N to Y which resulted in taking the driver to kernel.
Should I also change some other files, or other fields in sdevice.d/weitek
when I have a 3167/25 installed?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Anssi Lensu
lensu at lut.fi