Problems creating Patch 2.0.12u3

Ronald S H Khoo ronald at robobar.co.uk
Sat May 4 01:24:14 AEST 1991

srodawa at vela.acs.oakland.edu (Ron Srodawa) writes:

> >/bin/ld : error: Unresolved externals:
> >_rindex in file(s):

> You have bumped into one of several common Berkeley BSD library routines
> that are not supported in the SCO Development System.  (They are included
> as a part of the SCO TCP/IP Development System.)  What follows is a shar
> file containing my own source code which I wrote when I had the same
> problem and before I had the SCO TCP/IP Development System.

I can understand bzero, etc (and Henry Spencer's string library in
the sources.unix archives has a re-implementation of almost all of these),
but for index and rindex, wouldn't it be simpler just to add

	-Dindex=strchr -Drindex=strrchr

to your cc command line?

--
Ronald Khoo <ronald at robobar.co.uk> +44 81 991 1142 (O) +44 71 229 7741 (H)