SCO Xenix on an IBM PS/2 Model 70

Nirad Sharma exnirad at brolga.cc.uq.oz.au
Fri May 31 13:24:56 AEST 1991

jep at pcgbase.UUCP (John E. Phillips) writes:

>Can someone tell me if I need a special version of Xenix to run on
>the IBM PS/2 Model 70, or would a standard Xenix (Not GT) run?

>I have 4MB of ram and an 80mb Hard disk.

I am running Xenix 2.3.2PS on a PS/2 Model 80.  Note the PS in the version
number.  I assume that this catersfor any MCA differences. Otherwise, everything
runs fine (software / MCA hardware).  My hardware is :

	IBM PS/2 Model 80 + 4Mb on system board
	HyperRam 16/32 	    4Mb
	HyperPort 3 Serial + 1 Parallel
	Anvil Stallion 12-port Intelligent Serial Controller
	Excelan 215T Intelligent Ethernet Card (TCP/IP)
	Cipher Streaming Tape Controller
	WD Hard disk controller (used to have IBM's but it was too dumb)
		2 HDs ->	110 IBM std ESDI
				160 Micropolis ESDI

Has been working fine for approx 2 years as an Oracle db engine / app.
--
Nirad Sharma  (exnirad at brolga.cc.uq.oz.au)		Phone : (+61 7) 365 7575
Systems Programmer					Fax :	(+61 7) 870 5080