Dialin SLIP

Jane Wojcik jwojcik at bbn.com
Wed May 8 11:43:26 AEST 1991

I am not sure if this is the right newsgroup but, I am trying to use
SCO's Open desktop SLIP driver with a Xyplex terminal server. The
Xyplex server has a SLIP feature that just passes thru your address,
ie it's not point-to-point - there's only one IP address. SCO's driver
wants a from and to address.

I've been trying to use Kermit to establish the connection and enable
SLIP on the Xyplex box. I then startup TCP on my remote host. I've had
no luck getting this setup to work.

Am I on the right track? Can I do dialup slip with this combination of
software and hardware? If not, what should I try instead?

Send replies to woj at ll.mit.edu

Thanks
-Jane Wojcik