SCO XENIX +VP/ix + WordPerfect 5.1?

Super STUD root at sporty.UUCP
Tue May 28 12:09:31 AEST 1991

In article <1057 at camco.Celestial.COM> bill at camco.Celestial.COM (Bill Campbell) writes:

>The 5-user Xenix/Unix versions of WP5.0 cost about the same as
>two DOS versions.  How is this more expensive (assuming you're
>being legal about it of course).

My system is my home PC.  I do have ~10-15 users that dial in but only I
have access to VP/ix.  The dial in users are mostly Usenet readers.  They
have their own home PCs and their own wordprocessing software.  Since
DOS software is cheaper (and what I am forced to use at work), I put
up with the few abnormalities of VP/ix.

Unix will never have the market share of dos because:
1.  System administration/installation is far too complex for the ordinary
    MS-DOS user.
2.  MS-DOS software is generally *much* less expensive.

Jeff Anderson                                        jaa at rsch.oclc.org
H: 614-252-7563                                sporty!jeff at ursa-major.spdcc.com
W: 614-764-6222     B7 f+ t w dc g+ k+ s- e r        jeff at sporty.UUCP