map command in SCO (remamp a key)

Bill Vermillion bill at bilver.uucp
Fri May 31 02:12:36 AEST 1991

In article <30141 at hydra.gatech.EDU> gt8963a at prism.gatech.EDU (MCCARTNEY,JEFFREY ELWOOD) writes:
>Would someone be so kind as to tell me how to do a "map"-type command
>in SCO Xenix 2.3.2 where I can assign multiple keystrokes to a single
>key?  (any key)

In the manual under setkey.

I used one that took a whole file of a news thread in vi so that
hitting F1 took me to the head of the next article (most of the
time).

That was

setkey 1 /Path\\nz\\n

Then anytime I hit F1 it looked for the next occurance of Path,
found that, moved that to the first line of the screen.

Be sure to reset them on exit or you will have some very unpleasant
surprises. :-)

--
Bill Vermillion - UUCP: ...!tarpit!bilver!bill
                      : bill at bilver.UUCP