RCS 5.5 Binaries for SCO Xenix 386

Kevin W. Reed kreed at telesys.cts.com
Fri May 10 11:13:59 AEST 1991

[Followup set to comp.unix.xenix.sco]

After many difficulties trying to get the RCS 5.5 source code
to compile on my SCO Xenix 386 (tried both GCC and cc), I ended up
with a solution of having a friend compile them on his Interactive
system and tried the binaries on SCO.  Guess what... They worked
just fine.

I have as a result, I have created a tar file with the RCS 5.5
binaries, nroff manuals and ascii version of those manuals together
with the GNU DIFF 1.5 package (Of course the COPYING file notice
is included :-)

I will not post the file since it is fairly large (~350kb) and I doubt
that many users would be interested.  I have however made it available
via anon uucp and will also send it over to anomaly later tonight.

The pathname to the file for anon uucp is:

	telesys!/bbs/bbsfiles/Unix/rcs5.5.B.tar.Z

Login via nuucp with no password using PEP @ +1 619 483 0965.

Attempts to obtain the file without the use of PEP will fail.

The file is also available via the BBS which supports the use of
Zmodem and other file protocols.

Source code to both RCS5.5 and GNU DIFF-1.5 is also available for
those that desire to try to compile them.

--
Kevin W. Reed      TeleSys Development Systems   San Diego, CA USA
{nosc,ucsd}!crash!telesys!kreed              kreed at telesys.cts.com
TeleSys-II BBS & Development System Primary Number +1 619 483 3890