Kernel Size

Shawn M. Rogers shawn at willow.MV.COM
Fri May 10 03:38:35 AEST 1991

Hi,

Hopefully someone can tell me if my problem is, in fact, not a problem.

I'm running SCO XENIX 2.3.2 on a 386SX w/ 80MB hard drive & 4 megs of RAM.
My kernel is now just a bit over 667K, which I think is rather larger.
It started out (when the system was first installed) at somewhere around
300K.  I've added the following (which increased the kernel size):

	- Colorado Jumbo 120mb Tape Driver
	- Mouse Driver
	- VP/ix

So, does the kernel size sound unreasonably large?  If so, is there any way
to significantly reduce it without removing the things mentioned above?

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance,

Shawn