Request for help in adding terminals to XENIX

li at tybalt.caltech.edu.UUCP li at tybalt.caltech.edu.UUCP
Sat Jan 31 18:43:23 AEST 1987

>In article <1157 at steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP> davidsen at kbsvax.UUCP (william E Davidsen) writes:
>>I just wish wish Xenix supported 19.2kb...

It isn't Xenix that doesn't support 19.2kb, it's IBM, and probably all the
other PC-clones.  The chip can support about 100k, and I have seen it used
at that rate.  Unfortunately, the design did not call for those speeds, and
so the error rates may not be know for those speeds.  The applications I have
seen have been for DOS, but I'm sure that if you wanted to, you could look into
the technical manual, and program the chip directly.

li at tybalt.caltech.edu (James Li)           __   __
(also li at citromeo.caltech.bitnet)            | |
"Official KANK symbol"         ------>       | |