Altox Xenix 3.2f C-compiler problems

ries at trwrb.UUCP ries at trwrb.UUCP
Sat Mar 7 02:46:03 AEST 1987

In article <121 at asci.UUCP> ray at asci.UUCP (Ray Tripamer) writes:
[...]
>	if anyone has notices that the C compiler for Xenix 3.2f
>	doesn't work all the time.
[...]
>	when it seems to get stuck in an infinite loop.  It has
>	happened more than once, and it doesn't matter which
>	memory model I use.
[...]
>	have not been able to track down the cause.  Any help
>	would be appreciated.
>Ray Tripamer

 BTW: You didn't mention what hardware version of Altos  you  are
      running (ie, 8086, 80286, 68020, etc.).

 FYI: I  have no solution [don't buy an Altos 8-(],  but  I  have
      only  seen  this  happen once on my Altos 586 running XENIX
      3.0b when trying to compile  ICON.  I  don't  remember  the
      module off hand, but the compiler just goes off into never-
      never land.
      Which is surprising, since the Altos compiler usually  gags
      on  what would be considered *normal* C syntax (for BSD 4.2
      or  ATT),  or  runs  out  of  space  (either  compiler   or
      preprocessor).

      Marc Ries (trwrb!ries)