AST or other dumb serial card for Xenix?

Paul Townsend townsend at handel.mpr.ca
Sat Dec 3 03:54:04 AEST 1988

In article <12693 at steinmetz.ge.com> davidsen at crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
>Much appreciation for any info anyone has on actual experience with the
>AST or other boards. Of course if someone has a real cheap used smart
>board I would listen to you, too, but I really have to go low budget on
>this.

I have used the "AST FourPort/XN" card in a XENIX-286 system (actually 2 cards
in one machine to supply 8 ports). I am very happy with their performance
and reliability. I would not hesitate to use them again. I have not tried the
AST card in a 386 system ...

-----
Paul Townsend
Microtel Pacific Research  >> Part of the BC Tel Group <<