Irwin Tape Drive

Stacy L. Millions stacy at mcl.UUCP
Mon Dec 5 13:14:44 AEST 1988

This is to all of you who have installed an Irwin Tape Drive
with SCO Xenix. Please help.

I was under the impression that it would be pretty much a
out of the box "plug and play" installation. Here is the
situation.

Hardware:
- No name AT Clone
- 3 MB RAM
- Adaptec ACB-2322 ESDI controller (Also tried an WD ST506 clone controller)
- Irwin 145 tape drive.

Software:
- SCO Xenix 286 2.2.1

I ran 'mkdev tape' to install the tape drivers, re-linked the kernel
and rebooted. When I tried 'format /dev/rctmini' I got a can not open
/dev/rctmini message. The hardware works under DOS (with the ST506
controller - no DOS partition on the ESDI drive).

Any suggestions?

-stacy

--
"He to whom the early bird runs best learns wisdom and patience!
                          ... I can never remember proverbs" - Charlie Brown