Xenix 2.3 getty

Steve Manes manes at marob.MASA.COM
Wed Dec 14 19:12:53 AEST 1988

I just installed 2.3 and except for a bad N2 update disk and the update
program's insistence upon overwriting the 2.3 link library with the old 2.2
files, it works fine.

I like the new HDB and plan to use it instead of the patched-to-death BNU
I used in 2.2, but problem:

The new 2.3 getty seems to be bound very closely to the 2.3 BNU, especially
the Devices, Dialers and Systems files.  I ran into problems trying to use
my own baud-sensing getty with 2.3 BNU.  Actually, the problem is that
I can't get 2.3 getty to deal with a 7-bit dialin.   I've tried virtually
every gettydefs combination I can think of but I can't get getty to strip
those highbits on input.  This is a mega-bummer because the system has a LOT
of BBS traffic, especially calling from PC Pursuit where folks are at 7/E.
The impression is that the system has frozen on them at the "login:" prompt,
which it effectively has unless they switch to 8/N.

Anyone had any success with this in 2.3?
--
Steve Manes		Roxy Recorders, Inc.		Magpie-HQ BBS
UUCP : {rutgers|cmcl2}!hombre!magpie!manes		(212)420-0527