Xenix 386 v2.3 bug?

Devon Tuck tuck at iris.ucdavis.edu
Mon Dec 19 16:52:48 AEST 1988

Regarding the memory parity error,  we had the same problem.  None of the
standard tests we ran gave any indication of problems.  I talked to the
techs at SCO and they said it didn't matter what our tests said because
Xenix uses the memory boards differently.  Finally we just replaced our
board with a new one and it worked fine.  I am not sure it was possible
for us to swap slots because it was the extended memory which was messing
up, and all of the other software counted on the board being in a certain
slot.  Anyway, everything works fine now, but I hope you don't have to
replace your board!

Devon Tuck