Telebit TrailBlazer-Plus

Sanford 'Sandy' Zelkovitz sandy at turnkey.TCC.COM
Wed Dec 14 22:42:52 AEST 1988

I am presently using on alphacm the TrailBlazer-Plus modems; however, I am
having on "hell-of-a-time" trying to find the "optimum" register settings!
I have contacted Telebit and what they recommended allowed outgoing calls to
work properly; however, incomimg was another story. Presently, I have it
configured to allow incomimg calls at any baud rate; however, I can only
call out at 9600 baud! I am running under Xenix-386 version 2.3.1 and am
using /usr/lib/uucp/dialTBIT as the dialer in the Dialers file.

One other question, I have noticed that SCO set register S51 to 254; however,
my manual reflects that the only allowable settings are 0-5 and 255. I
changed register S51 to 254 and did notice a difference. Basically, since
this must be an undocumented setting, what does it do?

I really would like to hear about other users T-bit settings which work
for all cases so that I can change mine. Please included the changes to
/etc/gettydefs too.

Thanx,
Sandy

--
Sanford <sandy> Zelkovitz               XBBS   714-898-8634
UUCP: ....att!hermix!alphacm!sandy      ....trwrb!ucla-an!alphacm!sandy