Trouble with uucp/cu/dialing sharing a phone line

Mark J. Bailey root at mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US
Mon Dec 26 05:37:47 AEST 1988

Sandy has a *VERY* reliable version of init that is true to System V
Unix functionality!  I use it here and it has not failed me in over
8 months!!!  It has full inittab support and one can 'init S' from
anywhere terminal (even modems!!!) and go into single user mode.

The other BIG advantage is that it allows you to use other getty's and
getty frontends.  I implemented the 'modemctl' getty front end on my
xenix 2.3.1 system using Sandy's init.  Try that with SCO's! :-)

You can download either a 286 version or 386 version direct from Sandy's
bbs (XBBS - he wrote that too) at 1-714-898-8634.  He recently added
some telebit tb+'s.  The files are in the "Xenix Enhancements" area of
the file section.  I believe you can also tie into these with anon uucp.

The bottom line is that it works and follows all unix conventions.

Mark.

--
Mark J. Bailey                                    "Y'all com bak naw, ya hear!"
USMAIL: 511 Memorial Blvd., Murfreesboro, TN 37129 ___________________________