SCO Xenix System Hang

Steven Goodman steven at lakesys.UUCP
Fri Dec 23 23:38:37 AEST 1988

In article <671 at vector.UUCP> chip at vector.UUCP (Chip Rosenthal) writes:
>How about checking the simple stuff first?  Is your 386 an old 15MHz CPU?
>If so, you might be hitting the infamous "Errata 20" bug, and in which case
>SCO has a fix disk available.
>--

	If this bug appears and you happen to have a Compaq, contact your
dealer.  Compaq will ( free of charge ) add a small board which plugs into
your 386 socket which will fix the "errata 20" bug.

Not wanting to repeat what might have alreading been said on this subject but
this bug only accurs when using a 387 chip and you can boot up your system
to ignore the 387 until you receive some kinda fix.  From what I understand
this is NOT fixable via software.

--
Steven M. Goodman
Lake Systems  -  Milwaukee, Wisconsin		uunet!marque!lakesys!steven