Adding an XT-Controller Card to a XENIX System.

Paul De Bra debra at alice.UUCP
Wed Dec 28 02:37:50 AEST 1988

In article <26252 at teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA> 0rrodrig at teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA (Russ Rodriguez) writes:
>Hello:
>
>	I'm wondering if anyone out there has added a second hard disk
>to their SCO XENIX 2.2.1 system where the second hard disk is on an
>IBM PC-XT-type controller card...
>... The manual says that xenix wants to have a single controller
>card, but perhaps there are exceptions?

SCO Xenix 2.2.1, and earlier versions, don't work with more than one
controller card. (The fact that yours is an XT-type doesn't matter)

SCO added support for a second controller card in a more recent version,
I forget whether it is 2.2.3 or 2.3, but certainly more recent that 2.2.1.

Paul.