TCP/IP boards

Jim Morton jim at applix.UUCP
Wed Dec 7 01:19:42 AEST 1988

In article <1023 at asylum.sf.ca.us>, romkey at asylum.sf.ca.us (John Romkey) writes:
> In article <374 at intek01.UUCP> mark at intek01.UUCP (Mark McWiggins) writes:
> >What TCP/IP board should I buy for 386 Unix?
> You might want to consider a host-based implementation. The only one
> out there that I know of is by Streamlined Networks. I used it running

Interactive 386/ix 1.06 has, and SCO Unix V.3.2 will have, as options,
host based TCP/IP with support for the following dumb ethernet boards:
	- Western Digital WD8003
	- Ungermann Bass PC-NIC 2273A (maybe 386/ix only?)
	- 3Com 3C501/502/503
	- Micom NI5010 (maybe 386/ix only?)
Sun's PC-NFS version 3 supports the same boards and more. If I were
planning for the future with PC-bus machines, I would pick from this list.
--
Jim Morton, APPLiX Inc., Westboro, MA
UUCP: ...harvard!m2c!applix!jim
      jim at applix.m2c.org