Questions from the Soviets about UNIX

Geoffrey Knauth geoff at lloyd.camex.uucp
Mon Dec 19 12:04:46 AEST 1988

I saw a reasonable introduction to Unix telecommunications in the
Harvard Coop recently.  It was called something like "Using uucp and
Usenet," and had a fair number of examples.

If your Soviet programmers send me a copy of their most authoritative
book on training methods for elite rowing (tekhnicheskaja kniga po
metodam trenirovki v sfere akademicheskoj grebli), so that we rowers
in Boston can study it, I'd be more than happy to spring for the book
on uucp.

By the way, if you get any messages in Russian, I can translate them
into English for you.  I once worked in Moscow as an interpreter.  I
don't want any involvement with the KGB or GRU, though!
Geoffrey S. Knauth               ARPA: geoff%lloyd at hcsfvax.harvard.edu
Camex, Inc.                      UUCP: geoff at lloyd.uucp or hcsfvax!lloyd!geoff
75 Kneeland St., Boston, MA 02111
Tel: (617)426-3577  Fax: 426-9285            I do not speak for Camex.