a uucp unlock program

Chip Salzenberg chip at ateng.UUCP
Sat Feb 27 02:10:18 AEST 1988

In article <3289 at killer.UUCP> chip at killer.UUCP (Chip Rosenthal) writes:

>As long as you are fixing this problem, there is another one you could
>fix at the same time.  It LCK.XQT is old, uuxqt will assume it is stale
>and remove it.

Well, you can define SPOOLNEWS (like I did) so that rnews doesn't run for
so long.

But failing that, just put this command in root's crontab:

    # Make sure that LCK.XQT is touched hourly.
    0  *   *   *   *   touch -c /usr/spool/uucp/LCK.XQT

Oh, and don't forget to make sure that a line like

	rm -f /usr/spool/uucp/LCK.*

is in your /etc/rc file, just in case of a system crash.

--
Chip Salzenberg                 UUCP: "{codas,uunet}!ateng!chip"
A T Engineering                 My employer's opinions are a trade secret.