Mount warning on SCO XENIX

Perplexed and Exasperated! roth at coldbeer.UUCP
Mon Feb 8 06:41:37 AEST 1988

>From article <284 at sysco>, by chapman at sco.COM (Brian Chapman Mx321):
} In article <10120 at mimsy.UUCP> meyer at mimsy.UUCP (John R. Meyer) writes:
} < Hello --
} < 	I am using SCO XENIX 2.2 to mount some filesystems on
} < empty directories.  However, when I try to mount on directories
} < that are not one level down from root (that is, /usr/src instead
} < of /src), I get the message
} <
} < 	mount: WARNING!! - mounting: <src> as <usr/s>
} <
} < The mount works fine, but the message is annoying.  Does anyone
}

I have a similar problem but the message is more annoying, mine says:

	mount: WARNING!! - mounting: <usr} as <usr>

Its been doing this ever since I moved /usr off the root file system.
The error message makes no sense to me.

} The super user can re-assign the name field
} of a file system with fsname(M).  (Please read the manual
} before invoking new utilities at your filesystems).

Yes, I tried this and fsname(M) does change the the name field, but I
still get the error message when I mount /dev/usr /usr.

--
Dennis Roth @ Home 8817 Sterling Street, Ardmore Village, Maryland, 20785
{decuac, grebyn, netsys}!macom1!coldbeer!roth