Software for SCO Xenix...

Mitchell Lerner mitchell at cadovax.UUCP
Tue Feb 2 04:31:53 AEST 1988

I have a friend that is seriously considering going from his DOS-based,
word processing and accounting/order entry application environment
to a multi-user (3->5) Xenix-based (286) word processing and accounting
app. environment.

The only way that I know of finding out about software that exists
for Xenix is to call SCO and ask.  That is how I found out about
the different accounting applications that we are currently looking
into (currently looking into Open Systems' product.  Any suggestions,
experiences???).  Is there some publication or something that talks
about what software is currently available for SCO Xenix???  SUN has
a book that they publish called Catylist or something.  Is there something
similar for the Xenix world?

Is there some word processor that he can use for his Xenix system other
than SCO's Lyrix(sp?)???  $795.00 is a lot of money for him to spend
on a word processor at this time.  I'm sure that it's a great product but
he is considering just having his people do W.P. on his MAC rather than
spend another $800.00 on another word processor.

Is there some nice little, inexpensive W.P. that somebody wrote that he could
use just to write letters and stuff (public domain/ sharware would be
great!!!)?  How about games and stuff?  On-line calendars?  Spread sheet
programs that dont cost an arm and a leg?

How do people that aren't on the net find out about this kind of stuff anyway?

Thanks a lot!

--
Mitchell Lerner
UUCP:  {ucbvax,ihnp4,decvax}!trwrb!cadovax!mitchell

"When I fight with my mind, my mind always wins" - Ben Hummel