Microport: ttyM1, Modem Problem - (nf)

kebsch at nixpbe kebsch at nixpbe
Tue Feb 16 00:21:00 AEST 1988

I am running Microport System V/AT Rel-2.2.2 L  and have some problems with
/etc/getty at /dev/ttyM1 respectively /dev/ttym1.

I did put this line in /etc/inittab: t1:2:respawn:/etc/getty ttyM1 1200 ,
called telinit q and got a getty on ttyM1 running.

It is possible to login via the modem, but after hang up (Phone/Modem)
the shell respectively the last invoked program is still running.
I expected a hangup signal that kills the running program, so that getty
is restarted. The "Carrier Dedect" signal changed in the right way.
Has anybody experience with this problem and knows how to fix it?

With regards

Waldemar (dk3vn)
UUCP ....:   {uunet,mcvax}!unido!nixpbe!kebsch.pad
NERV ....:   kebsch.pad
Papermail:   Waldemar Kebsch, Nixdorf Computer AG, Entwicklungstechnik,
	     Pontanusstr. 55, D-4790 Paderborn, W-Germany
Phone ...:   [nation]-5251-14-6155