Multiple screens and terminals...

Mark D. Freeman mdf at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu
Wed Feb 24 15:48:17 AEST 1988

In <1944 at cadovax.UUCP> mitchell at cadovax.UUCP (Mitchell Lerner) writes:
>There are eight screens available via <Alt> <Fn> key sequence for the
>console.  How can I get extra screens on my terminals too???

Write a new operating system.	:-)

There isn't any way to do it with the basic XENIX system.  They sell a
windowing package that does windows, but it is *not* the same thing.

BTW, you get as many multi-screens as you have memory for (according to
some magic algorithm).  If you don't want 8, you can knock it down to 2
by using the /usr/sys/conf/configure program.  The manuals document it.
>Also, how can I configure the ports to run at 19.2k baud (can Xenix handle
>that)?

XENIX will use 'exta' as 19.2 and 'extb' as 38.4 if your serial card
will support those speeds.  Look in the /etc/gettydefs and /etc/ttys
files to see what to do.  If you need more assistance, just send email.

--
Mark D. Freeman						  (614) 262-1418
					      mdf at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu
2440 Medary Avenue	   ...!cbosgd!osu-cis!tut.cis.ohio-state.edu!mdf
Columbus, OH  43202-3014      Guest account at The Ohio State University