Tape drive

Mark Dornfeld romwa at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
Tue Feb 16 14:41:54 AEST 1988

I have a couple Archive 60Mb drives running and have had few
problems, but we do not back up daily.  Our drivers are from
Consensys and allow allocation of really large buffers.  On
one 386 I use 4000 blocks of memory to buffer the process.
This speeds things up incredibly.

I saw a tape drive from Tandberg Siemans at Consensys booth at
Uniforum.  Both Consensys and Jasmine (with peripherals for
the Mac II under UNIX) like the T-S drive (125 Mb).

Mark T. Dornfeld
Royal Ontario Museum

utgpu!rom!mark     - or -     utgpu!romwa