Terminal emulators for cu (me too)

Michael A. Petonic mikep at ism780c.UUCP
Sat Feb 13 08:46:24 AEST 1988

In article <451 at idsssd.UUCP> bruce at idsssd.UUCP (Bruce T. Harvey) writes:
>In article <1188 at polyslo.UUCP>, mdella at polyslo.UUCP (Marcos R. Della) writes:
>> I am using an Intel 310 xenix computer system (R3.4) and am calling
>> out on the modem line.  My local terminal is a wy50, but the system that
>> I am calling into requires a vt100 terminal.
>>
>> Is there an way to have the cu command route information through the
>> termcap entry for vt100 then back into the wy50 ...
>

>Me too!  Any info would be appreciated, although I realize the chance is
>small.

Well, you could buy a vt-100 terminal  :-).

Seriously, there is a program that was posted to comp.sources called
"screen" that did just that.  In fact, you could have several screens
up, also.  It would make your terminal (in a roundabout way) look like
a vt-100.  Also included are utility code to write a vt-100 emulator.

Since I have a vt-100 (or at least a Wyse-75) I don't need this, but you
might ask around for it.  Check some archives.

-MikeP