Login through Computone Ports

Dave Hughes dave at well.UUCP
Sun Jan 24 23:00:35 AEST 1988

I run Xenix 386 on a system with an 8 port Computone board, as well as
COM 1 and 2 through Hayes or Robotics modems. When calling to either
of the type modems attached to COM 1 or 2, the login script appears
upon connect, but never via the Computone ports until one hits the
c/r. Since one system I am supporting is called long distance by
relative novices, many for the first time, the absence of the prompt
after connect causes many of them to hang up, thinking things are
broke.
  Is there any fix that I can apply to kick that login prompt out?
   Dave Hughes