Graphics Library Available

Stephen Hocking shocking at physiol.su.oz
Mon Jul 4 19:02:09 AEST 1988

In article <1870 at m2-net.UUCP>, lewis at m2-net.UUCP (Dave Lewis) writes:
> A library of graphics primitives for System V/AT (and probably any
> other Intel unix, with a bit of hacking) is now available, supporting
> common video cards and printers.  Demonstration programs are included
> with the code.
>
> Please contact me by e-mail if you would like a copy.  If there is
> sufficient interest, I will post source (about 130K bytes).
>
> 	Dave Lewis
> 	Ann Arbor, MI
> 	...![ itivax umix ]!m-net!dtlewis!lewis
> 	or lewis at m-net.UUCP

	[Much discussion of features deleted]

	I've used this package and can vouch that it works. There is some
	hassles with nonstandard Hercules clone cards (like mine, I never
	persuaded it to work), but under EGA & CGA it works like a dream.
	The code is good to base your own driver on, as I did here for
	various data display programs in the Dept. of Physiology. At the
	moment I'm engaged in writing a driver for a Data Translations ADC
	card so that I'll have some data to actually display.

	I had a prelimnary version which only worked with OR mode, so I
	added XOR mode to it as well, for crosshairs and the like. I expect
	he's got the full colour business working now in the hires 640*350
	16 colour mode. It's good stuff, give it a try.

		Stephen Hocking
----
	formerly shocking at nswitgould.oz || uunet!munnari!nswitgould!shocking
	but *now*