SCO Xenix/386 and large drives

Keith Hankin keith at uport.UUCP
Sat Jul 23 15:50:42 AEST 1988

I cannot speak for SCO Xenix, however my company, Microport Systems
is coming out with a new version of our UNIX in September (Version 3.0)
which supports RLL and ESDI controllers with ST506-type interfaces from
several manufacturers such as Western Digital, Adaptec and DTC.  We will
also have support for drives with up to 2048 cylinders, although please
note that some controllers (the WD 1002, in particular) only support
up to 1024 cylinders.  The WD 1003 does have 2048 cylinder support.

--
Keith Hankin	keith at uport
Microport Systems