pcomm on SCO Xenix. (WAS: Re: uugetty for SCO Xenix)

Larry Dighera root at conexch.UUCP
Fri Jul 29 07:24:04 AEST 1988

In article <368 at ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM> jml at ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Michael Lodman) writes:
>In article <44 at csnz.nz> paul at csnz.UUCP (Paul Gillingwater) writes:
>>Also, can anyone please advise where I can obtain pcomm for SCO/Xenix

A version of pcomm that compiles under SCO Xenix is available on conexch.
You can get a copy of /usr3/public/pcomm.tar.Z via anonymous uucp.  Just use
the L.sys/Systems file enter in the .signature.

>I've been trying to compile and run it. So far, I've just messed up
>and frozen the particular virtual terminal I'm in. Any suggestions?

Here are the flaws/anomalies I have found in version 1.0 of pcomm under
SCO Xenix 386:

PORTS:
        must use lowercase device for dialout!
        port must be disabled for dialout

BUGS:   XMODEM upload gives erroneous data in file-size, est-transfer-time,
        percent-complete, and bytes-transferd fields.  This on a 124,543
        byte file.  34k files work ok.

        occasionally can't read data coming from modem, but outgoing
        chars are sent.

        Modem-7 uploads default to checksum.

        No entries are made in phone_calls

        Xmodem downloads >~30k are truncated on final close!

        File names larger than 14 chars on Xmodem downloads dump core & logout!

        Re-dial doesn't.

--
USPS: The Consultants' Exchange, PO Box 12100, Santa Ana, CA  92712
TELE: (714) 842-6348: BBS (N81); (714) 842-5851: Xenix guest account (E71)