SCO Xenix "ex" limitations

tif at cpe.UUCP tif at cpe.UUCP
Wed Jul 27 02:10:00 AEST 1988

Written 10:08 pm  Jul 18, 1988 by libove.UUCP!root in cpe:comp.unix.xenix
>The SCO Xenix 2.2.1 /286 "ex" editor seems to have a low limit on the
>maximum file size it can edit. I attempted to edit my pathsfile (about
>700K) and it gave me the error "tmp file too large".

I don't consider a 700K text file to be a "low limit."

>Is there some way around this? Disk space and memory are not problems.

If God had intended you to edit 700K text files he wouldn't have invented
the split command   ( :-)  The sarcasm was necessary for effect.)

			Paul Chamberlain
			Computer Product Engineering, Tandy Corp.
			ihnp4!sys1!cpe!tif