HDB UUCP for SCO Xenix

Admin root at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Sun Jul 3 04:58:42 AEST 1988

Additionally we have a problem even with the upgraded "trailblazer" uucp (which
is *much* better than the uucp distributed with 2.1.3, by the way); that is
uucico refuses to call more than one number associatted with a system (in the
L.sys file), ever.

I have a system that we call that has only 3 dialup lines.  One 2400 and 2
1200.  If i place the 2400 line first in the L.sys file and then force a call,
it makes the call and then finds its busy or something and fails to go onto the
other 2 1200 lines.  I have to *manually* move the lines around in the L.sys
file to get it to call the other lines if the first fails.  Very annoying.

This basically cuts out 2/3 of the chances of making a successful connection!
And of course, after a while, dumb, stock uucp refuses to even bother with the
attempt....
sigh.

derek
--
Derek Terveer	root at hawkmoon.MN.ORG	uunet!rosevax!elric!hawkmoon!root