infinite spill bites again!

C Hugly hugly at diox
Tue Jul 5 09:41:36 AEST 1988

I also encountered this problem when compiling little smalltalk.
After having removed all the "register declarations" witch saved me hours of
expression simplifying, i got an infinite spill on such a simple expression.
Many trys (some of them very stupid) later i had the divine intuition that
the bug occured just two lines after the real cause, whatever those two lines
could be. The faulty line whas one using a macro, i turned the macro into a
function and never got infinite spills again.

by the way: my smalltalk compiled but still dont work...i always get a
"index out of range in basicAtPut" when parsing script.ini.

Does somebody know about this ?

J-C

PS: and will somebody tell me what the hell is a spill !
    some kind of compiler affection?